Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Friday, June 22, 2012

Decisions

I met with our pediatrician today and went over the aspirin decision for Josephine and the seizure medication decision for Madalyn.

We gave Josephine the Chicken Pox vaccine and after getting a couple more answers from the hemotologist I plan to start aspirin in a few weeks.

I also updated him on Madalyn's issues since stopping Lamictal.  Although with the high dose of Keppra, she is much improved during the day, and her reading is back, there are still significant problems in the early morning and late afternoon.  Also, night-time wetting ceased on Lamictal, and has continued nightly with Keppra.  This is likely due to nighttime seizure activity that is not being controlled with Keppra.  Therefore, despite my worries from all the side effects of the next medicine to try, I called the nurse and told her I was ready to try it.

She made me feel better about my request to change when she said I had lasted a lot longer than most, and that I had definitely given Keppra a fair shot.  So, Madalyn will ween off of Keppra over the next 8 weeks, as we gradually increase Depakote.  If anyone is wondering why this decision was so hard for me, just google Depakote....and you'll see.  Actually, don't.  When you read the risks you might think I'm a bad parent!  However, our pediatrician and neurologist have seen plenty of kids do well on it.  We will do some blood work Monday to get a baseline, and then monitor her levels while she is on Depakote to be sure her liver is okay.

I'm very excited that we are on a new path, and hope this medicine is the one that works for Madalyn. 

No comments: