Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Appointment with blood disorder doctor today

Today my mom and me met with the pediatric hematologist to rule out blood disorders as the cause of Josephine's stroke. Our appointment was at 1:00 and by the time the medical student came in at 2:00, Josephine was already getting antsy in the small room.

The student asked many questions about her hemiplegia...he was very nice, it just took a long time and she was getting inpatient. Luckily my mom was there to help entertain her.

After another long wait the doctor came in. He also asked several questions about her hemiplegia. I asked some questions about the disorders they would rule out and he listed about 7 genetic and other clotting tests.

He also said he would recommend daily aspirin for future stroke prevention. However, because of the risk of Reyes syndrome, and other risks, I'll talk to our neurologist and pediatrician before starting aspirin. I believe our neurologist doesn't recommend aspirin prevention, but I need more information since I think we have conflicting opinions on this.

We went to a separate clinic to have 7 vials of blood drawn for the clotting and genetic tests. The lady that drew her blood was awesome! She was sweet to Josephine and me... and got it on the first prick!!

Josephine cried hard and even screamed "maaaamaaa" several heart breaking times as I held her during the blood draw. However, when we said "all done" she stopped crying immediately, happily repeated "all done", and began waving, smiling, and saying "bye!!bye!!bye!!. She is so sweet and her personality is adorable!

This picture was taken after her blood was drawn today. She is snuggling on top of me resting.

No comments: