Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Monday, February 25, 2013

No news is good news


We've just been having normal, busy, fun times.  Madalyn continues to do very well with no signs of seizures or problems caused by spiking.  We did decide not to wean off of Depakote, but instead stay on both seizure medicines for now.  When I got to week two of weaning,  I saw some warning signs of seizure behaviors.  Her doctor agreed to go back back to the regular dose and within a couple of days she was back to doing great.

Since Madalyn is doing so well, I am postponing my consult with Cleveland Clinic.  I have her records ready to go if the need should arise again. 

Our forever family day with Josephine is coming in less than a month!  This time last year we had Travel Approval (TA)  and were anxiously waiting to fly to China! 

Josephine is growing and changing every day.  She still loves imitating anything Madalyn does!  Yesterday Madalyn and I told her she was going to Grandma's house while we went to a birthday party.  Josephine was so excited to be going alone (she normally watches Madalyn go alone). She immediately said "bye bye Madalyn, I wuv you".  Then she looked at me, "bye bye mommy, I wuv you".  Then to her crackers in her lap, "bye bye cwackers".   Fifteen minutes later when we pulled up to Grandma's house she proudly and happily walked up the side walk to Grandma. I was surprised that Josephine had so clearly understood that she was going to stay with Grandma while Madalyn and I went somewhere.  So precious!

No comments: