Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Great news-NORMAL EEG

Can I just say the whole world looks brighter, my mind feels clearer, and I feel more thankful when I get an EEG report that says "normal"!

This is the first normal EEG she has had in two years!  I didn't  know normal was possible!  I am so happy!

So, what we all noticed with Madalyn, that is, the return of her smile, her personality, and her reasoning these past few days can be seen on the EEG. 

So, to summarize our medication journey.....Lamictal worked best. Stopped due to rash.  Keppra was a nightmare.  Changed to Depakote.  Depakote reduced spiking, but spiking was still happening at least every 3 seconds.  Adding ADHD medication (first Focalin, then Vyvanse)  made seizures worse (and probably spiking worse).  Adding Vimpat to Depakote with ADHD medicine improved things.  And finally staying with Vimpat and Depakote, but changing from Focalin/Vyvanse to Adderall brought us to this happy place.

To complicate things however, we plan to begin weaning off Depakote.  We are hopeful she can use just one seizure medicine, Vimpat.....and continue to be seizure free.  I also think Depakote may be causing hair loss, and may be some of the attention/processing problems.....

Today, I am thankful!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so glad I checked your blog today! I've been in awe of your fortitude and amazed at how lucky Madalyn is for landing in your lap 7+ years ago.

YAAAAAY Madalyn!!! Woohoo! From an old Cardinal to a young Cardinal--YOU GO, GIRL!!! Stay Strong!

Susan/Vivi