Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Friday, February 8, 2013

Madalyn's EEG


Madalyn had her sleep deprived EEG this morning.  My sister kept her up until the first half of the night.  At 11:00, she was so tired, we decided to let her go to sleep for awhile.  She fell asleep the second she layed down next to me. I woke her up at 3:00 am.  She ate nachos and cheese and fell asleep.  I continued to wake her all the way until the time of the EEG.  The great news is that she was not nervous about the test, and said the glueing process was RELAXING this time!  When the technician told her to close her eyes and go to sleep, she did. EEGs are easier now that she is older.  It helps that the seizure medicine is doing its job and her intense fears and meltdowns are almost non-existent!

We should have the results early next week.  The good news is that on day 3 of Adderall, she seems to be doing better than she did on Focalin and Vyvanse. She is more awake, and her processing speed seems to be much better.  Her overall mood seems much improved.  I'm thrilled with this, but am afraid her EEG might not show the same as it would have had we had it a few days ago.  But, that's okay....as long as she stays good!

Madalyn also had her 6 month eye checkup with Dr. Mungan today.  At each checkup after her third surgery, her eyes have been turning in less and less.  And today, he said that her eyes showed no turn in! She will continue to be checked every 6 months.

My first IEP meeting at Madalyn's new school was rescheduled from today until next Friday. So, I'll update on that later.  For now, I'll leave you with this video I found yesterday as I searched for information on IEPs....it's a comedy, and for some reason, it absolutely cracked me up, which was a nice release from this special education learning experience!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBTWuIX_DA 



No comments: