Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Sunday, May 6, 2012

missing Lamictal, and MRI update

Josephine- Is doing great!  She is so sweet, and I'm  not sure if I've expressed enough to my friends and family just how happy I am that I took the leap of faith and brought her home.  She is a perfect fit for us.  She LOVES her grandparents already!  She can't get enough of going up to Pap for a little rough play time.  She started saying her Aunt "Na Na's" name, and giving her hugs.  She loves water, and says "water".  And her sister is the funniest and greatest person in her world...which, I just love for Madalyn:)

She is walking everywhere.  Everyday she gets more balanced and stronger. 

The MRI...I received the report and look forward to talking to the neurologist at the next appointment, or before.  Most was exactly as I was prepared for..."extensive damage" of left hemisphere.  However, there is one part I need more information on.  It says she has severe MCA stenosis and even mentions another test "if it would alter clinical management".   Thanks to my friend Nancy (Thanks!!) I talked to her brother that is a physician that could give me the "non-googled" definitions of what I was reading.  It seems she has narrowing of the main artery to the damaged hemisphere.  That could have been what caused the stroke, or it could have been as a result of the stroke.  More than likely all of her activity is being successfully taken care of by her right hemisphere....so, hopefully even if means that more damage could happen in the damaged hemisphere it would not affect her.  But, I want to talk to her doctor about it as soon as possible.  She is perfect just the way she is....she is one of the lucky children that survived a stroke (20-40% of childhood strokes are fatal)...we can't afford another stroke though! I don't think that is a true risk...but as a non medical person, that's what it sounded like...so I need to be sure it's a normal part of her type of stroke...with no additional risks of future strokes.

Madalyn's rash is almost gone.  Getting abruptly off the Lamictal has made it clear just how much it was helping her.  I hope we can find another seizure medicine that works for her.  Please pray for no seizures as her body goes through the last days of getting all the Lamictal out of her body and that the rash goes away so we can get back to the happy place we were before last week's allergic reaction!

No comments: