Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Monday, April 2, 2012

Good news from appointments today



Today we met with Dr. Parker, our neurologist.  She was very encouraged by Josephine's development!  She noted that her arm is more involved than her leg.  This points to a particular region of the brain that is close to speech.  We will watch that closely.  She noted that her emerging gait looks good for a child with hemiplegia!  She does think Josephine will be able to develop some use of her arm and hand!  YEAH!:)

Dr. Parker wrote the prescription for her AFO. I'm so thankful we don't have to wait for the appointment with the orthopedic for that! Tony (our orthotist) scheduled a fitting for Friday! She will be walking more independently soon with the stability of the brace.


She had her EEG today.  We won't know the results until tomorrow.  We are praying for NO seizure activity or spiking.  She has some jerks in her affected arm which could simply be secondary to clonus (that would be good news), or could be simple partial seizure activity (that would require possibly medicating, which is okay, too).  The important thing is she is here and getting the care ALL KIDS everywhere in the world deserve:)

The picture above was taken today at her EEG.  As they glued the wires into her scalp she screamed, cried, and kicked.   Once they were finished she quieted down. I layed down next to her to help her fall asleep for the test. She rubbed my head, and stroked my hair. Then she pretended to feed me and pointed to my mouth and nose.  Someone special loved on my baby before I got her and I am so thankful for that.

Next she reached her little arm up for a tight hug and closed her eyes and fell asleep for the duration of the test.

Our PT is evaluating her on Wednesday.  She worked us in super quick, and I'm so grateful

My house is going to bed now.  Noone is sleeping due to China time these days.  Maybe tonight will be the magical night of rest for everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that we are blessed to have our children, Yes you are so blessed to have her, but MAN is she blessed to have you as her MOM. I just cry every entry I read that you write...I can just picture you laying beside here and comforting her and it brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart, for her and for you. I am here and able to do anything that I can do for you. Just let me know. For now I am praying for sleep and rest for you all. It was great to see you Sat and I still can't believe that you made it. So glad that you did. Love to you all.
Kim Oakes

tobythedogb said...

Thanks, Kim! It was great to see you Saturday. I am soooo glad she made it to her first Easter egg hunt at your house!!! How special is that!

We slept much better last night. She slept from 8:00 am until 4:00 am!

Anonymous said...

One of the first things I do every morning, when feasible, is check your blog. Very touching developments. Lucky family all around; you and Madalyn got such a priceless gift in her and she got such a priceless gift in the two of you.