Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Monday, March 19, 2012

Testing update-internet issues

 We arrived at the Office of Civil Affairs at 8:50 am.  We went to the second floor and completed some paperwork.  I again answered questions about my motivation to adopt and promised to never mistreat or abandon Song Qian Ru.  Our Holt representative (William, who travelled on our plane from Beijing and will stay with us until Friday) was in contact with the orphanage on their drive over and was able to tell us about how much longer.  They were stuck in traffic, but on their way.  The next update was around 9:15 am.  They were in the building.  I saw them coming up the stairs.  The orphanage worker was holding the hand of a precious 4 year old child who had Down Syndrome.  And in her arms was Song Qian Ru.  As she handed her to me, she started to cry, but then stopped.  Madalyn offered her some finger snacks and she opened her mouth and ate them.  She was entertained and liked the small toy that played tunes and lit up we brought.
 
When my mom or sister tried to talk to her, she reared back.  She was quiet with no smiles, but she was not crying.  I put her down because she kept rearing back, and she walked in crazy circles, sort of thrashing herself around.  This was too dangerous in this room with very hard floors, so I picked her back up.  They told me she is not used to being on the ground, so I sat her in a chair.  She sat upright in the chair quite easily.
 
I felt a rattle in her chest and noticed her nose was running.  We asked the orphanage worker and she said she has had a cold for about 3 days.  She explained that the orphanage  doctor examined her and said she is okay and to just encourage her to drink extra water.
 
After about 2 hours of paperwork and waiting, we left to take a picture that will be required for the paperwork tomorrow.  Then, we went a to fast-food Chinese restaurant and William  ordered our food for us.  Then, he went and requested spoons for us.  Of course, Nikki practiced her chop stick skills.  Qian Ru (Josephine) ate a lot of her rice porridge and hot soy milk.
 
Next we came back to the hotel and I sat downstairs and tried to post to my blog using the lobby's WIFI.  I'm  not sure if it went through since I can't access my blog directly here, and the connection is slow.  While sitting in the lobby, Qian Ru fell asleep in my lap.  I carried her to the room and laid her down asleep.
 
However, when my family returned from buying her milk and yogurt, she woke up.  She had a large hQswZS      ive like area on her back and she was scratching at it.  I took off some of her layers because the hotel is warm and she is used to freezing cold buildings.  She played okay for a few more minutes, and then started saying mamamama and crying hysterically.  I tried to console her, but she wanted to get far away from me.  She is now laying in her portable crib, and occasionally looking over at me.  But if I speak to her she thrashes and screams at me.  She is crying for her foster mom, which is heartbreaking, but to be expected.  I can only imagine that her foster mom is also crying for her as well. 
Since I began writing this entry, she has fallen asleep.  I hope when she wakes up she feels safe and although I know she will still miss her foster mom, I  hope she will be comforted by her new family.   I'll know in a couple of hours when she wakes up…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am crying with you all and praying for her to let you love and comfort her. I remember what that feels like. It WILL get better and you are her mommy. She will KNOW that soon. Be strong.
Kim

Anonymous said...

I remember well where you are right now. Hang in there and remember that she will come to you when she's ready. Grief like this is so hard. We are praying for her to feel safe in this difficult time. We are also praying for strength and wisdom for you! Tonya