Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Friday, March 30, 2012

Pictures from our orphanage visit



When I first received pre-approval for Josephine, I was told that she is in one of the best orphanages in China. I am so thankful for the care she received. The orphanage keeps a scrapbook on each child. On the orphanage visit day, they gave it to me. It is a precious gift. It includes a poem written to her from her caregiver. I will get it translated soon.





 Also includes on the pages is a paragraph about how Josephine often looks at the picture book her "American family" sent her and is looking forward to meeting her American mom and going to the US.  When I picked her up,  they gave us back our picture book, and Josephine still looks at it.  I do feel she recognized us, her pets, and her house from the book!


A replica of the orphanage grounds






 Outside view of the orphanage


 Josephine's playroom at the orphanage

 Toothbrushes and cups for all the children

 Josephine's play areas






 This particular orphanage only has special needs children.  Below are the pictures of the special education teachers.  They have special rooms for children with Cerebral Palsy, autism, sight-impaired, hearing impaired, etc.  It is sad to me that there is no inclusion for the children, but they clearly do their very best considering their customs and culture to care for the children.
 Below we are saying our final goodbyes to the orphanage. I was invited to email the director with any questions or updates to share about Josephine!  We are  very fortunate to have this type of contact with an orphanage in China!  Our guide tells me this is an exceptional place and I can see why!

No comments: