Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Last day in Hangzhou

Today we visit her orphanage but will not see her foster mom. Then we fly to our last city, Guangzhou.

She is doing better an better. I'm still wearing her for bonding and sleeping with her for naps and bedtime. We are gaining the most at nap time and bedtime and she will now make eye contact! This morning she said momma when she woke up and gave
me the best hug ever. Definitely making progress.

Madalyn is doing great but is very sensitive. She is trying so hard to be the best big sister and gets her feelings hurt very easily. For example she was trying to help Josephine walk and Josephine fell and started to cry. Madalyn sat there and sobbed and sobbed. So sad, but I know it's a normal adjustment. All in all she is doing great with being a big sister!

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Amy said...

Totally makes me teary with happiness. <3 My heart is overflowing for you!! Made my heart leap to read the part about eye contact and "momma." *swoon* I'm glad she likes to be worn. It's the best thing ever. Can't wait to meet her! When you get home, we have to discuss dates. :)

Anonymous said...

Brings tears to my eyes and tears running down my cheeks!!! We are so happy for you all! You know it won't all be a bed of roses but you also know every bit of it is worth it!!!!! Love you! Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that everything is going so well for you. She is just beautiful! Can't wait to see her here in Mobile. Love, Lauren