Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Keppra-in the past for us

Keppra was stopped because of the side affects of hyperactivity and agression. It took 6 weeks to wean her off, but as of last Friday we are OFF!!!!  During the Keppra months because Madalyn cannot explain how she feels,  I tried to explain what was happening to her based on my observation of her behavior.  ... she wakes up very irritable. Once the first dose is given, she becomes a little happier within an hour or so. Then, towards the afternoon she becomes hyper and begins repeating the word Hi-Yah over and over as she rams her body onto couches, and into walls laughing hysterically. At this point, I had very little patience because I knew the next moments would start the meltdowns. Well.....as I was reading online the other night, I found this description by an adult on Keppra...someone that could verbalize how she felt on the medication.....

Excerpt from an adult on Keppra that appears to have had the same reaction Madalyn had:

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster though now with Keppra. Haha I have a bit of a pattern now. Wake up cranky. 6.30 tablet. 9.00 hungover feeling 11.00 hyper and laughing (which I don't feel in control of) 2.00 sleepy (though I am back at work now so I just have to push through) 3.00 cranky or upset (also seems like no control). Then this happens all again at night.

Yesterday at work someone was banging their desk. After about a minute I yelled. Argh who is doing that. Eveyone just looked at me. The have also noticed my crazy hyper ranting. Although I had to write a argument against a new process on Monday and my ranting came in handy (got to laugh or will cry).


So, I have no doubt that Keppra was not the medicine for Madalyn...and am so glad those months of meltdowns are now over! Hopefully she will continue to improve with the Depakote, and the appetite will normalize as she adjusts. But if not, we are onto Plan B and C next week.

No comments: