Timeline


Apr-11 Homestudy began
Jul-11 Signed with Holt
6/28/11 Found Jospehine, but another family is
currently reviewing
7/13/11 Received information for Josephine
to review
07/20/11 Asked for additional information about
Josephine's development
08/20/11 Filed I800A
08/23/11 Received additional information from her
orphanage and asked to hold her for me
08/24/11 Josephine went off Great Walls list to Holt
08/26/11 Sent LOI (Letter of Intent)
9/2/11 LOI uploaded in china
9/7/11 Got fingerprinted
9/29/11 800A
10/14/11 DTC (Dossier to China)
10/18/2011 LID (Logged in Date)
12/14/2011 LOA!
02/03/2012 Article 5 Pickup
02/16/2012Travel Approval
03/13/2012 Travel to CHINA!!!!!
03/29/2012 Homecoming


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 1 CIMT Camp

Madalyn's group

Madalyn's good friend from last year, Amelia Jane
Josephine being casted
Playing light bright with left hand


Lunch time at camp

This is the therapist she ran to for a hug when we went back to pick Madalyn up

We had an appointment at 2:00 pm on Sunday for casting and pre-camp testing.  Josephine cried during casting, but was easy to hold still.  However, by the time it was her turn for testing, she was not happy, and therefore, did not perform well.

Madalyn did great for casting and testing.  She is a pro at this!

On Monday, camp started.  We ate breakfast and then drove 30 minutes to camp.  Madalyn walked right in and got started.  I walked Josephine to her room and told her "mommy will be back".  These words usually work quite well for her, as she will nod, say "back", and give me a big hug.  Today, she was a little apprehensive and instead of a hug, she held tight to my knee.  But the therapists gently pulled her in and began playing with her.  I told her "bye", she nodded, and I left.

Amelia Jane's mom peeked in on her a few times for me before I left and she already had her cast on and was happily "playing" right hand activities!

I picked Josephine up 4 hours later and she was happy and exhausted!  She had a great day.  

Two hours later, Josephine and I went back to pick Madalyn up.  Josephine spotted her therapist from the morning and RAN up to her and gave her a big hug.  Then she ran back to me grinning.

Madalyn had a great time at camp!  Her therapists said she did very well, with no problems at all.  Yeah!!!!

I left a message for Madalyn's doctor because I'm concerned about her tummy aches that started with the new medicine.  She also has gained quite a bit of weight in just a couple of weeks.  I'm not sure if it's fluid, or weight gain, and her tummy seems distended.  A nurse just called me back and our doctor and her nurse are out until Thursday.  So, unless it gets worse, I'll wait until Thursday to see if I need to do anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. That seems like an awesome and valuable camp. You couldn't have asked for two better campers, I'd say!
Susan and Vivi

tobythedogb said...

Thanks Susan! And tell Vivi Madalyn says hello!!!